Thanks to an idea from The Great She Elephant, ten things about Budgens in Crouch End that make me irrationally angry....
1. The Tesco Metro next door has failed to put them out of business
2. I hate Tesco but I sometimes go in there in the hope of contributing towards achieving #1
3. Pavement logjam
4. Having to hesitate and break stride when approaching the automatic door because it doesn't open quickly enough
5. Miserable instore promotions featuring tastings of the most unappetising looking and unhygenically presented foods you could possibly imagine
6. Why is the fruit and veg. section so fucking gloomy?
7. Putting a picture of some ruddy-faced farmer on meat products in the hope that might be interpreted as giving it some organic credentials
8. Running out of staple foods by 3pm EVERY Sunday
9. Miserable staff - although I would be if I had to work there
10. It smells funny